Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pink Dresden Flower

I had lots of pink fabric strips left from the Sea of Pink quilt I made and realized it would be perfect with the Dresden template and make it into a flower.
The center circle is crazy patch pieced with some french knots add at the end for quilting it. The blades are hand quilted.
The background needed some subtle contrast so I used a pale blue batik and machine quilted it with light blue thread around my heart design to make it pop. I love the little pigs fabric, whic makes it whimsical! I feel relaxed looking at this hanging on my wall. 

This is what the template looks like: 

I got my EZ Quilting template from Darlene Zimmerman's website many years ago. The Missouri Quilt Co has any extra long template that can cut up to 10" blades.



No comments:

Post a Comment