Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sea of Pink

My Sea of Pink quilt is using various strip widths and lengths.



I gravitate to using a lot of pink in my quilts and art quilts. It's cheery and can add a great pop. I realized I wanted a pop of turquoise for a bit of contrast.

I am experimenting with serging strips for a fast quilt with utilitarian wear. So far so good!

Put your strips in a bin and randomly pull out as you serge.


Then cut the width to the largest width of the strip set.






Then pin rows together and sew or serge. I did sew the rows together on a domestic machine as tests showed less stretch from so many strips.




Just finished the quilting and the best part is washing it and seeing it all puffy and textured and soft!

 


Detail of freeform wave quilting.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment