Monday, December 26, 2016

Winter Quilts for the Doggies

Our little Boston Terrier dogs love to snuggle under blankets most anytime. With their short hair they get cold easily so I figured it was time for new quilts for them for the cold winter days.
I really just grabbed the first three colors in my stash that jumped out at me. Then decided to cut them in simple squares laid out in this simple pattern. I quilted it by stitching in the ditch.
I like to sew on my binding by sewing it on the back of the quilt first. Then folding it toward the front and machine stitch close to the edge.

This is the back side showing the stitching is just inside the binding.

Here is the front side of the binding:
I got this quilt made first and they both wanted to use it. One would drag it to their dog bed and back and forth. So I had to get to work fast on the quilt for the other dog. Here is the other doggie quilt:


Yes the doggies get patterned quilts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment