Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cotton Candy Color Wheel

Cotton Candy Color Wheel Quilt


This all started out when I saw a warm violet-blue on a chart. I said to myself I have to find that color in my stash when I get home and build on that. I found it! Then added to it. All these colors remind me of cotton candy so that's the name if this wall quilt. 

I used a Dresden plate shape but didn't make the ends pointed. I found that a great way to turn under the curved edge is to use iron on stretch interfacing cut in strips on the bias. Stitch this around the edges on top of the fabric with the iron on side facing up.Then use a pinking rotary cutter around the edges.


 Fold over the interfacing to the back and tap the iron as you go around the curve slowly so that it is a smooth curve. You can reposition if you tap it. Then press completely.

 Then I used a machine blanket stitch around the edge. The center is also blanket stitched.

 Now I have my own color wheel on my sewing room wall! 

This would be fun to do with dark shades also or light to dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment